School Of The Forest Director And Registered Maine Guide
Telephone: 636-368-6163 Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
The School Of The Forest programs are run by Christopher Russell, an alumni of Jack Mountain and registered Maine guide. Christopher studied Political Science and Environmental Studies in college, but after working in the non-profit field for a few years, wanted to try something different. While attending Jack Mountain’s semester program in the north Maine woods, Tim and Christopher chatted about Tim’s idea of a program for young people that really immersed students in the outdoors, while helping them to understand their place in it. After that, School of the forest started to take shape.
Christopher is a passionate outdoorsman, whittling fanatic, and writer who enjoys having the opportunity to share that passion with young people. Christopher has solo-hiked half the Appalachian trail, canoed in the north Maine woods and camped out anywhere he could find a flat site for his tent, including the hills of Arkansas, mountains in Nova Scotia and as much of his native Maryland as possible.
- Studied Political Science at Webster University in St. Louis
- Completed Semester Course at Jack Mountain, as well as being the first student to receive Jack Mountain’s scholarship
- Completed the Jack Mountain journeyman certification June 2016
- Snowshoed with the Cree in Northen Quebec
- Completed Jack Mountain’s Boreal Snowshoe expedition
- Became a registered Maine guide in September 2017
- Assisted in teaching Jack Mountain’s fall ’17 semester
- Guided Snowshoe outings in the Green Mountain region of Vermont
- Completed a swift water rescue course through Northeast Whitewater Guide service.